Gas sending unit obsolete?

Trying to get a gas sending unit for my 1978 Fairmont station wagon.

The garage tells me they haven't been able to find one, even through Ford.

Can someone help me out here, is there a place that might have these, or can someone recommend a suitable substitute?

Reply to
jackfish

Are you sure it's the sending unit that's bad? Usually it's the float that fails.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

No, I don't know, I have to trust the garage on this as I have little experience. You may be right, is there a simple test I could do?

jf

Reply to
jackfish