headlights

i have a 93 taurus and for some stupid reason the headlights keep burning out i buy new ones and they just burn up can neone explain this and how to fix it

Reply to
joetoeben

Wow I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds to me like the bulbs are getting the incorrect voltage. I would like to know for myself what could cause this just for the sake of knowing.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Wow I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds to me like the bulbs are getting the incorrect voltage. I would like to know for myself what could cause this just for the sake of knowing.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

There are some bulbs that require you NOT touch them with your bare fingers while installing them. It seems that oils from your fingers shorten their life. Could this be your problem????

Reply to
Ken

All Halogen lamps with single glass envelope are thus affected!!!

If you do touch the glass, use alcohol to clean off oils

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

All the above assuming that you are NOT also going through batteries every year or so... that would point to faulty voltage regulator.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Use brand-name bulbs and DON'T touch the bulb glass during installation. If you notice condensation inside the assemblies, especially after a rain, you have leaking housings and they need replacement.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke