Help: LF sport rack / ski rack for a crown Vic

I'm looking for any advice on what kind of roof rack I can buy for a 92 and newer Crown Vic or Marquis.

I have only found one maker that lists the CV or GM after 92; and I can't find a local retailer so it'll have to be shipped. I'd like to find a local retailer so I can test the fit right on the spot.

I'd like a system that uses a mulit-purpose base rack; but I'd like to go skiing so I'd settle for a ski rack.

Any experiences or advice is appreciated

Thanks

Reply to
Patrick Fitzgerald

Patrick Fitzgerald opined in news:_butd.23801$l% snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

My experience is that you're lucky to have found any...

What I'd say your looking for is the vendor that makes the rack for police light bars

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Doesn't Ford make one called the Excursion? :-D

Just givin' you a hard time. Could you address of the one you found? I drive a 98' Grand Marquis...

-JCM900

Reply to
JCM900

Thule and Yakama probably both make something that would work.

Reply to
KokomoKid

Yes, I've considered buying almost anything that they'll make a rack for!!! I had Honda before with a Bic rack and a whole bunch of attachments. Without a fold down back seat I can't get the skis in the car. But since I have a couple CV's I'll have to sort this out.

The only company I've found that lists a match is a company called Barrecrafters. Their web site is

Even their bar is not a perfect fit and requires adapter hooks. With the adapter hooks it seems I have 3 or for choices for a ski rack. I had a local retailer that told me it could be done last spring; but this fall they stopped carrying Barrecrafters.

I have checked with both Thule and Yakima; both online and with a real person. They makes racks for CV's upto 91.

Thanks for the info

Reply to
Patrick Fitzgerald

Try calling a Cab company. Sometimes cabs have roof racks added and they might have a source you can contact.

Harry Face