Help Removing Factory Radio From 93 Aerostar

Well, I removed the ashtray and the two screws, and the panel. Now, how do I get the radio out of there? I don't see anything holding it in but it won't budge. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Kevin opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3256.bay.webtv.net:

see the two holes to each side of the faceplate?

that's where the shafts of u-shaped tools are inserted, notches inward.. press outward on each and pull.

Walmart used to have the tools.. dont last time i looked. I bought 4 cheap

1/8" drill bits.. worked well because they dont bend as easily.

push them in until you feel them pass a detent.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

see the two holes to each side of the faceplate?

that's where the shafts of u-shaped tools are inserted, notches inward.. press outward on each and pull.

Walmart used to have the tools.. dont last time i looked. I bought 4 cheap

1/8" drill bits.. worked well because they dont bend as easily.

push them in until you feel them pass a detent.

They've got the tools on ebay, do a search on Ford radios.

bamp

Reply to
bamp

In a pinch, you can cut apart a sturdy wire coathanger, and bend it into the correct shape.. works just as well.

Reply to
Teknical

Thanks to everybody for the great advice. I picked up that tool at Wal-Mart and it worked on the first try....scared me to death. I'm not used to things being that easy.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin