Removing the radio from a Micra K12?

Does anyone know how to remove the radio head unit from a 2004 Micra K12?

I have managed to get some printouts from the workshop manual and have done as follows.

1) Removed the finisher panel above the trip computer. 2) Removed the 2 screws under the finisher and the two screws just above the heater controls. 3) Loosened the metal clips behind the finisher and pulled the unit straight out by holding the bottom of the radio unit.

But it just wont budge, I don't want to pull too hard in case something breaks. Has anyone else removed the radio unit from one of these cars? How hard do you have to pull?

It almost feels as if there is another screw lurking somewhere, but I can't find it, or maybe there is a big multi-connector block at the back that is providing resistance.

Thanks, BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail