How to align Camshaft Position Sensor?

Is there any way to properly align the camshaft position sensor in a

4.2L V6 (from a 1997 F-150) without having to go out and spend $60 to $100 for a "synchro positioning tool" ???

I hate to spend that kind of money on a tool that I might never need again.

TIA, john w.

Reply to
jwallacq

Not exactly mandatory, but it make it easy to do it on the first shot. =20

You can get a set of the tools for about $60 at

It's worth it for the aggravation it saves.

Reply to
Me

Try the local auto zone, they have a tool loan deal. You "buy" the tool from them (at full price) then when you return it you get the money back. Works nice for those one-off times you need them.

Reply to
Steve W.