Re: Location of camshaft position sensor?

Crossing my fingers, and spending money, I am buying a NEW distributor from eBay for this car. I hope yall are correct that the integrated camshaft position sensor (CMP) problem (P0340) will go away soon. I am about to cancel crankshaft position sensor order since the diagnostic code did not say CRANKshaft position sensor (CKP). It would be upsetting if soon down the line the CKP fail.

Reply to
cmdrdata

It's a common issue with some Nissan's. The 93-97 Altima had this issue as well. Some would say its a failing on Nissan's part, but the fact is, the part lasted over 100,000 miles. Is that really that bad? When you replace it, the new one will outlast the rest of the car.

CD

Reply to
codifus

This weekend I replaced the distributor assembly using a complete new part purchased from eBay. The car starts right up and all is well again. Thanks for your support. BTW, unlike the dealer and Autozone, the price is much cheaper ($150), and no core charge, so I'll be able to take the old one apart and see what is wrong with it and maybe even put a new seal so it can become a usable spare part someday when I have more time.

Reply to
cmdrdata

Good to hear you got things going. If the replacement from ebay is as good as a new one, then you'll never need to replace it again for the rest of the remaining life in your car.

Good luck

CD

Reply to
codifus