How to disconnect ABS on 95 Windstar?

I have a 95 Windstar with oversensitive ABS. I currently have the ABS disconnected with the fuse pulled. (I'm very happy with this) I now have no daytime running lights and two idiot lights on all the time. One is the ABS light, the other is the park brake light. Is there a way to disconnect the ABS without having the idiot lights on? I can't find the ABS controller under the hood as I don't really know where to look.

-- Denis Roy D. Roy Woodcraft

Denis Roy

When you have the ABS and Brake warning lights on all the time on the dash , that means that the ABS computer has Disabled the ABS system . From that point on the system reverts back to a conventional brake system because in the ABS system a fail safe system makes it work as a regular brake system would. If you do not get the system diagnosed and fixed ( witch I would suggest doing ) you could put that fuse back in because then you will get your running lights back. You will just have to live with the lights staring you in the face until you get the ABS system fixed. If you do not have a independent garage that you trust in your area I could send you the name and address and probobly the tell number of one it your area. I belong to a automotive network that the members are certified and really care about fixing cars. I need your location to make the reference. Good luck, George

Reply to
George Ostrander