Hypothetical Q

S'pose 'twere 1995, and you needed to buy a new at-or-near-full-size Ford-product passenger cah-cah.

Would you choose an MN12 (TBird, Cougar) or a Panther (Crown Vic, GM, Lincoln TC)?

Why?

Cheers, Peetie

Reply to
Peetie Wheatstraw

What an interesting question. I'm not sure how to answer. I'd probably have bought a Cougar because I like its looks. Of course, if you were asking my 1995 self, I'd have gone CV. I was a goofy 20 y.o. who thought the best car anyone could possibly ever buy was a Police Package CV. I wanted to have one of those and set some kind of record durability record. Even so, I like the looks of the Merc versions better than the ford versions in both chassis.

Frankly, I don't know how you could go wrong with that drivetrain, properly maintained.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

You'll rarely go wrong with a Panther, although I wouldn't care much for theTC line. Too many expensive extras to go bad.

Because that's the way it is.

Reply to
Tim J.

Tbird. 4.6 style of course Style, reliable drive train. Mind you, i have only had crown vic's :)

Reply to
Picasso

If you're retarded, I apologize in advance. If you're not, grow up.

BradandBrooks

That would depend on how much money had to spend

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I neglected to specify V8 ...

Is interesting ...

I woulda thought some would prefer MN12 for somewhat less weight and somewhat better steering/handling.

Peetie

Reply to
Peetie Wheatstraw