instrument cluster

This is probably a long shot but I know this NG has come up with great resources.

I am looking for the instrument cluster for a 1990 Grand Marquis GS. If anyone would have a link to where I might be able to track this down I would greatly appreciate it.

On my cluster now the mileage counter (total mileage - left side) stopped counting. All other gauges in the cluster work fine.

I was told that the counter can't be repaired individually and I would have to get the entire cluster. Is this true? If so, that is why I am looking for the whole panel because I am planning on selling the vehicle and I have to have the mileage counter working.

Thank you for any information on resolving this problem I am having.

Reply to
searcher

Don't know where you live, but you might try this place for repair:

Dayton Speedometer

7476 Webster St Dayton, OH 45414-5816 (937) 454-4700

I've used them before. Otherwise I'd think any reputable salvage yard would have parts.

Reply to
GMach3

Reply to
septicman

Thanks for the replies. The car-part link you gave comes up not found.

Reply to
searcher

Try again. I clicked on the link, punched in 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis, selected instrument panel and got a page full of results. I didn't limit the geographical area to search; just accepted all of them. There are several of them still available.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I tried it again and it worked. Thanks.

I found two entries that had the complete instrument cluster and I sent them emails to check if they had it in stock and on how to order it.

Thanks again.

Reply to
searcher