Instrument Cluster

I am needing an instrument cluster for my '83 Rabbit Convertible. I have been able to find some on Ebay but the year models indicated don't match mine. Would a cluster from a different year work in my car? Thanks.

Reply to
markwdt

Probably an A1 Jetta cluster would work.

Reply to
Matt B.

not too sure about such years. better to copy the part-number of the existing one for checking. nowadays the Cluster have to be matched with the options taken like cruse-control, on-board multifunction display, etc.

Reply to
Igel

Unfortunately there are several versions of the instrument cluster, even though at first glance they all look the same. For example, those used with manual transmissions are not the same as those for automatics, and vehicles with cruise control may have a different cluster than those vehicles without. Also some have only one ribbon (electrical) connector while others have two, so your wiring harness might not match. An additional problem is that the digital clocks for used clusters often do not work.

So your best bet is to look for the part number that should be found somewhere on your existing cluster, perhaps on a paper sticker, and then buy a cluster that has the same number. Be sure to ask the seller if the clock is functional.

Reply to
Papa