instrument cluster

How do you find out why the gages do not work in a 1993 ford ranger xlt

3.0. All the lights work. Also why some times the head lights go off and off but not all the time. Thank you for your help
Reply to
chuckie

This is going to sound funny, but have the fuse box checked for shorts. Mine was just recently replaced because of this same problem. Took the dealer 5 days to figure out what was wrong. I have an 03 Excursion.

Amy

chuckie wrote:

Reply to
MommyX3

how do you check a fues box for a short

Reply to
chuckie

how do you check a fues box for a short ________________________________________

Turn off all electrical items.

Disconnect the POSITIVE battery cable.

Remove all the fuses (record their locations).

With an ohmmeter, measure the resistance from every terminal in the fuse box to a good chassis ground.

Very high resistance = no short. Very low resistance = possible short. Zero resistance = short.

Good luck.

Reply to
Rodan

could the relay becausing the instrument gages to stop working, if so could you tell me how to check the relay? Thank you for your help. This is for a

1991 ford ranger XLT 3.0 manual trasmission.
Reply to
chuckie

I have replaced my relays under the hood for my gages. My gages still does not work, there is no small wire that looks like a computer hook up, there is only the two big wire hook ups. This is for a 1993 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 ranger manual tranmission. The gages do not wor, all the lights in the dash works. Thank you for your help.

Reply to
chuckie