Just replaced alternator on 98 Taurus Sdn 3.0 L SOHC....

And the damned thing still won't start. It's got a charge in the battery, The windows and all other accessories still work. But, you turn the key in the ignition and bupkis. The car experts at AutoZone assured me that it had to be the alternator, since before it died, if I tromped on the accelerator it would almost stall out and the charge light would come on.

Only things I can think of are either the fuel filter is clogged od the starter is toast, although there's no solenoid click.

Any ideas short of towing it out onto the tank gunnery range and letting them have it?

Semper Fi.

Al

Reply to
A. Russell Murray

Rusto

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

"A. Russell Murray" wrote in news:qPwxc.14884 $ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

Car experts? Autozone? Ha.

Does the engine crank at all? I don't know what "bupkis" means.

Rock.

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Rock

Rock, thanks for the reply.

Bupkis = Noth> "A. Russell Murray" wrote in news:qPwxc.14884

Reply to
A. Russell Murray

Ms. Cooke,

Thank you. You've at least given me a starting point. And where there's hope...

Al

Shar> Clogged fuel filter wouldn't prevent it from turning over; the starter

Reply to
A. Russell Murray

Is it in park?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Hi , I am trying to find out what is the problem, I have a 1991 explorer and looks like transmission slips, I replace the filter I did not find anything pieces of junk in the oil pan? nay ideas, Thanks

Reply to
Erkan Ay