Looking for a mid-size domestic car recommendation

Right answer. 8^) (Hmmm - what if he had it in Enron stock? rhetorical question)

Bill Putney

Well... that puts you into the 5% of the population that are complete idiots. Coffee is SUPPOSED to be hot. Thanks to morons like you the only way to get it hot now is to brew your own. Bob

Reply to
Bob

You know, that post reminds me of a lawyer couple that were trying to figure out how to stop moss from growing on their sidewalk permanently (it lives on the side that gets no sunlight). Then they asked about making it so they could never have ice on the sidewalk.

There's a point where if people keep going on with these stupid lawsuits that they should just be thrown in jail to think about it. "Hi, I did something stupid so I'm going to sue you now!"

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

When the stock crashed, he would be worse off while anyone who wished to purchase the stock would be better off. Net result for society = zero.

Remember, when the stock crashed, nothing of real physical value was lost, only the price put on it. It was terrible for the employees but beneficial for society as a whole.

Reply to
Bill Turner

Ok, which am I, idiot or moron? Can't be both, n*****ts.

:-)

Reply to
Bill Turner

there was a local lawyer who feel into the shark infested waters while fishing..... news reports say that no sharks were injured in this mishap.

Reply to
dbird

Then why did you say:

mike hunt

Bill Turner wrote:

Reply to
BrickMason

Does that mean you believe that if one keeps their money under their mattress, rather placing it where it earns dividends or interest, nothing is created of any value and the economy will not be effected? Are you for real? Do you really believe, that the net wealth of the nation is not increased by those type of earnings? If indeed you do, then one is wasting their time trying to enlighten you on this subject. Bye!

mike hunt

Bill Turner wrote:

Reply to
BrickMason

If that is what your really believe, you could be a poster boy for convoluted thinking what our liberal schools and colleges are producing today. What a sad state of affairs.

mike hunt

Bill Turner wrote:

Reply to
BrickMason

Sorry but there is one thing worse than inflation and it is deflation. Tons of people holding expensive debt with collateral worth half and assets being sold off. Happened in Japan.

Reply to
Art

When I worked for Kodak in Rochester, NY some entrances had heated sidewalks.

Reply to
Art

I'm waiting to hear of the first case were some shark sues an individual on behalf of another because he did NOT sue the guy that ran into the back of his car at a traffic light... Think of the mental anguish he would suffer waiting for the guy he hit to start litigation. "Were you NOT sued by the other person involved in you recant auto accident? Call the lawyers at Dewy Cheatem and Howe. The call is free and you pay nothing until we collect the money you deserve." LOL

mike hunt

Philip Schmid wrote:

Reply to
BrickMason

Exactly what kind of coffee maker do you now have that brews hot coffee? I've bought at least 15 coffee makers of different brands and models over the last 3 years and haven't found one yet that makes hot coffee manufactured since he McDonald's verdict. I'd love to find one that can turn a cup into a nice hand warmer on cold winter days. I promise not to hold the styro cup between my legs while I drive - I have several cup holders for driving!

Thanks,

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Actually, the closest I have, is a water heater that boils the water, but you could only make that instant crap one cup at a time. Its much better for things like hot chocolate.

Reply to
Sijuki

That was kind of my point. The response to there being too many lawsuits and such being that McDonalds would still be serving hot coffee just begs the question that if its ok to sue a company for having hot coffee then we might as well go all the way and sue every homeowner that has coffee that someone might deem too hot and we might spill on ourselves. Just the whole ridiculous loop of stupidity it would create. But I agree, throw people in jail for wasting the taxpayers money for frivolous lawsuits.

Reply to
Sijuki

As far as I know Corning hasn't went out of business. And I have a pretty good reason for knowing!

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Typical nanny government mentality. McDonalds didn't burn anyone. The people that spilled hot coffee on themselves burned someone. Now if a McDonalds counter persone spilled coffee on you and burned you, then maybe you could rightfully claim that McDonalds burned you.

Except that asbestos was considered safe for many years. I assum the Corning reference is actually meant to be Dow Corning and, in that case, silicone implants have still not been indicated as unsafe in the MANY studies done since the initial suits were filed.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Even having such a concept as inherently dangerous (which implies that there are inherently safe goods), is inherently stupid. Then again, nobody ever accused our legal system of being inherently smart! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Reply to
Bill Putney

You are correct, Corning recovered from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

mike hunt

Matt Whit>

Reply to
MikeHunt2