Mondeo door latch

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could buy the µswitches which are in the door latches. One of them fail to release and I can't double lock the car from this door anymore.

Thanks

Denis

Reply to
Denis

Are you SURE the switches are faulty... or are the actuators just gummed up? Try treating them/latches repeatedly with WD40... happens a LOT.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

you dont say wot year mondeo, but the later ones have the latch and motor as one unit(about £60)

Reply to
ford_technical_

Thanks for your response, but I've already done that. I've open the latch and see the µswitch with the actuator in the down position.... So I lubricate it and that seems to work, but for only a few days. Now I suppose it's back again in the down position (I didn't open the latch again ;p) as the double lock don't work.

Denis

Reply to
Denis

"ford_technical_" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Thanks Dave for your response,

It's a 1997 model., but I find that 60£ is expensive for just a µswitch which doesnt cost more than 2£.

So, if I can't buy this µswitch anywhere, I'll try to adapt another model..

Denis

Reply to
Denis