new front evaporator in 2005 Expedition

Well, as soon as I got my Ford re-manufactured automatic transmission into my 2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer with 194K miles, the front evaporator started leaking. In fact, I suspect that it was leaking before the transmission failed.

So, I took it back to Legacy Ford who said that the evaporator was totally corroded and failing. The cost to replace was $1,720. $300 for the new evaporator and $1,400 for the labor with removing the dash. Plus I got them to pressure test my radiator and heater, just in case. Those were fine.

My air conditioning is back to cooling like it was new. And just in time for the 100+ temperatures here in south Texas.

Hey, that annoying squeak in my dash is now gone !

Had I known that I needed to replace my evaporator also, I probably would junked my truck. $6,000 is just too much for 194K miles. Now

195K miles.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Lynn McGuire wrote in news:pjalln$9fu$1@dont- email.me:

and that is the reason why it is so hard to decide when to pull the plug on a older high milage vehicle. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff