no parking brake adjustment for windstar?

I have to really pull on my parking brake to get it to work now but I read in the Haynes manual there's no adjustment for the cable if you've got rear drums, so what do you do when the parking brake doesn't work as well anymore?

Reply to
Petebert

Adjust the rear brakes first...

Then the cables must be replaced if that doesn't work.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

There is a thing you can buy that takes the slack out of the brake cables at autostores.

It had a bolt that pushes on the cable in such a way that it puts a kink in the cable, taking up slack.

My dad used to sell them.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff