OT: Killed by the car wash!

From the Associated Press:

Man caught in Michigan car wash dies

A car wash employee got entangled in the giant, automatic brushes and died, authorities said.

Police were investigating the death of Ricardo Alberto Martinez, 18, but foul play wasn't suspected.

Martinez was closing the car wash Friday night when a customer returned to have his vehicle washed again. After the vehicle entered the car wash, Martinez went inside and somehow became entangled, police said.

Another customer later found the body at the business in this western Michigan community located near Grand Rapids, police said.

Reply to
Built_Well

========

Yes, I know this is off-topic, but at least it's car-related.

Reply to
Built_Well

================

The only off-topic items appearing on alt.autos.toyota should relate in some way to cars or to sex. Cars and sex. That's it :-)

Wanna talk about Senator Larry Craig? That's fine since it's sex-related.

But all this other stuff should be appearing in general talk newsgroups, not here.

This groups is the exclusive reserve for Toyota, cars in general (like being killed by your car wash), or sex (like Larry Craig).

Reply to
Built_Well

Who died and made you administrator of the newsgroup?

Okay, you want to talk sex? Screw you.

Reply to
mack

That's sad...

Reply to
GoMavs

========

Yeah, the kid was only 18.

I predict a lawsuit.

I usually only go to brushless car washes--less lethal.

My favorite is a new franchise called LaserWash (LaserWash.com).

My local Phillips 66 gas station has a LaserWash brushless car wash.

It's great. Even the cheapo $5 wash really soaps up your car well, and gets it clean.

And the wax included with the $5 wash beads up dirt really well. It's the best car wash I've ever used.

With the LaserWash available at the Phillips 66, I don't think I'll ever take my chances with a brush system or cloth strips car wash again.

You never know. Sometimes those brushes can pick up sharp debris from the car before yours, and then scratch your car. It occasionally happens.

Reply to
Built_Well

bwahahah

Reply to