possible clutch problem

We have a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 with aprox 68k miles. recently it has begun to race when we hit 3000 RPM. at first it was only in 1st and 2nd gear now it is also revving in 3rd and 4th gear. we thought it was perhaps the clutch slipping now my father (who has some experence in cars) says to check the slave cylinder. any helpful ideas to fix this would be GREATLY appreciated!

p.s we also bought the Chilton Ford Focus Repair Manual for 2000-2005's and it says it could be multiple problems we've already put so much $ into this car it almost ridiculous! please help!

Reply to
Morse1976