Problems With The Stereo

My 1995 Escort has a radio and tape deck. Overall, it's worked great. But recently some tapes won't play. It's like they're not going in all the way. Neither the rewind or forward buttons will stay down. Sometimes trying to hold them down at the same time seems to straighten things out. Does anyone have a clue? Also, the owner's manual said not to use

120 minute tapes in the player. Did anyone dare try?

Sincerely, Darren Thornton

Reply to
Darren Thornton

The reason for not using the 120 minute tapes is that the tape itself (I believe it is made of mylar) is thinner than the tape used in 90s and 60s (and, therefore, more susceptible to damage). The older Ford stereos weren't the best units built and you are probably better off getting a middle-of-the- road new deck and the appropriate adapter harness to make installation painless.

Reply to
Jim Warman

what jim is saying ford uses inferior parts

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

I find nothing inferior about Ford products, but I cannot say the same about your grammer.

Reply to
mcalister

go buy a 3.8 l windstar bwhahahahahaha happy head gaskets to ya

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575