Raido Quits (2003 CV)

Hi all, Recently my radio has started to quit after a few minutes of operation. It seems to come back on if I turn off key and re-start. Turning off/on radio has no effect. The sound will occasionally come on for a second or two. The radio/Cassette/CD seems work perfectly except for no sound. I have the factory premium sound system with AM/FM/Cassette/CD.

Any ideas to fix?

What would be required to get a replacement used factory stereo to work?

Thanks, Kent

Reply to
Kent_Diego

The actual "radio" in your CV is in the trunk, the interior panel is just a control panel. It sounds like something in the RCU (Rear Control Unit) is causing it to draw too much current and the internal protection is shutting down the unit. In short, a short in the RCU. There's no way to check it out DIY. A local shop "may" be able to fix it, but usually it has to go the manufacturers repair depot for exchange. This isn't a "Ford" facility, but the facility for the company that built the RCU for Ford.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Reply to
Barney Gumble

Really? I thought Ford went to the RCU across the entire line. I stand corrected.

Reply to
Tom Adkins