Re: 1973 Cougar XR-7 - Will It Appreciate?

I'd shoot myself for going that route. Or just crush the car.

But, to each his own.

The big post '70 Cougars have few fans and little performance. It would make > for cool low rider project car however. Lots of paintable body & a big trunk > for hydraulics. Done correctly thats the route I'd take it, rather than a > resto. > > Steve Re> > > Looking to buy a 1973 Mercury Cougar XR-7 that is for sale in my > > neighborhood. It has 96k miles on it, paint is faded (dark blue), but the > > body is straight. Chrome, trim, moulding is all good/intact. Interior is > > worn out - Seats cracked, dash cracked, etc. > > > > New white vinyl top, new carpet, nice tires, runs/drives well. It's a > > great daily driver that would really shine with a bit of cosmetic work. > > Seller wants $2500. out of it. Also, we're in Fort Worth, Texas. > > > > I'm looking for a project and was just wondering if a 1973 Cougar would > > appreciate in value as time goes on if I restore it and keep it maintained, > > or is it just too late of a model to really be of any valuable? > > > > -Thanks, > > -Steve > > > > --- > > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
Steve Reinis