Re: 1990 Ford Crown Vic Airbag Code 6

I have a 1990 Ford Crown Vic station wagon. The airbag light has taken to

> flashing. Each time it flashes 6 times (code 6)?. How can I tell what this > means and where to begin a repair? > Thanks,

Shotimes.com has the ford codes. Code 6 is: Driver-Side Air Bag Circuit - Open or High Resistance

Probably means you have a bad clockspring on the steering wheel assembly. Could be a bad connection. Had any work done on your steering column lately?

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

No work done on the steering column at all. Symptoms just started during normal use. Is the replacement of the drivers side clockspring a DIY replacement if the proper cautions in working with airbags are followed?

Reply to
John Q Public