Tuners

Anyone using a tuner on a 5.4 F150? How would you rate improvement? Is it worth 400.00 for use on a gas engine?

Reply to
Frog Britches

YES, YES, YES........... I bought the EDGE EVOLUTION PROGRAMMER about 6 months ago. I should have bought it sooner, I am very happy with it. I am getting over

23 miles per gallon now. And the performance is amazing. It goes like a sports car. I have it set on Program #2, the highest setting and still using regular fuel. I was also able to recalibrate my speedo for the oversize tires. I bought this one because I can see real time info while driving. And it also gives the engine codes when necessary. And 0-60 times are just over 8 seconds. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. I paid $399.20 with free shipping.

R> Anyone using a tuner on a 5.4 F150?

Reply to
FXDL LowRider

What a stupid company. I just spent 10 minutes on their web site and I still don't know what it is they are selling. I think it is hot air and manure.

Reply to
Happy Trails

Happy Trails apparently has a problem with reading and understanding..........Do more research before you open your mouth..........

Here is what the programmer is capable of. And if you make other changes the results are even better. . Gains of up to 15 HP and 25 Ft Torque . Sleek Design Stays with the Vehicle as a State-of-the-Art Display . Programs in minutes . Ships with a Custom Designed Mounting Pod . USB Updateable over the Internet . Change Speed, Rev Limiters, Adjust Tire Size and Gear Ration . Display and Clear DTC Codes . Improved Fuel Economy*

And these are additional settings/options.

. Customized Shifting . Adjustable Speed and Rev Limiters . Speedometer Correction . WOT Fuel Adjustments . Adjustable Backlit Color

You can monitor any of these parameters while driving.

. RPM . MPH . Engine Coolant Temp . Cylinder Head Temp . Air Intake Temp . Engine Load % . Mass Air Flow . Spark Advance . Battery Voltage . Instantaneous Miles Per Gallon . Fuel Economy . Diagnostic Trouble Codes

My 5.4 litre F-150 ran at 15 MPG when I bought it. I added a cold air > >

Reply to
FXDL LowRider

And you should identify yourself as a salesman for the company before posting an obviously biased commercial pug on usenet.

You still have only stated what this device (if it is a device???) "MIGHT" do - you have not stated what it is!!!!????

Why are you arguing with me, asshole - why not improve your communications? Is it because your device is just another one of those "fuel additive" type products?

There are other products similar to what your pictures indicate yours MIGHT be, but in the $200 - $300 range, and they don't make it such a mystery to find out what you are spending your money on!

Reply to
Happy Trails

Reply to
FXDL LowRider

WOW ! A whole ten minutes............ That must have been a taxing situation for your brain. And you weren't able to figure out it is a device that plugs into you OBD port ?

Happy Trails wrote:

Reply to
FXDL LowRider

i done guess you ain't very edjumacated then. it don't take no rocket sientest to now the edge evolution programer is one of the better tuners out there.

EDGE EVOLUTION PROGRAMMER What a stupid company. I just spent 10 minutes on their web site and I still don't know what it is they are selling. I think it is hot air and manure.

Reply to
Tom

I know what the thing does and how it does it. I have written software for devices attached to automobile sensors and various kinds of vehicle maintenance ports.

I just said it was really stupid of these guys - you sounded like one of "these guys" - to have a web site that did not tell you just what the f*ck they were selling.

When you have to rely on a potential customer to KNOW what it is you are selling, you lose a lot of potential sales.

Either that or there is a REASON they are not saying too much!

Wait till it screws up and smokes an engine for you, then see if you like it so much. What kind of warranty do they provide, huh?

Reply to
Happy Trails