Re: Supercharged Vic?

The Marauder is a Grand Marquis, not a CV and it is not supercharged but uses the 305 HP 4 cam 4.6. The SVT Mustang is the supercharged 4.6 4 cam engine 390 HP.

mike hunt

Mike S wrote:

> > Has anyone ventured into the realm of a supercharged crown vic? I am > > interested in the possibilities. Mine is an '03 LX Sport. > > Ever hear of the Mercury Marauder? I don't know much about it, other > than it's a bad ass supercharged (and rebadged) Crown Victoria. Do a > search on that and you might be able to find some more info.
Reply to
BrickMason

one of the car magazines (maybe more than 1) did a hop-up of a CV a year or so before the Marauder was released. It might have been Car & Driver... They did quite a bit of performance stuff to it. You might check Ford SVT (or whatever the performance division is called) for factory hop-up supplies. They probably have gobs of stuff from bolt-on to total rebuild. Of course, many folks swear aftermarket performance chips and dual exhaust are all you really need... There used to be useful stuff on

and in the forums of
but the last time I looked at them a lot of flaming was there but not much else... of course, the archives may tell you what you need.

I hope this is helpful

Paul in Dayton

Reply to
F&P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Grand Marquis nearly identical to the Crown Victoria? Same platform, different badging among other little details/options.

Also, there IS a supercharged marauder called the Marauder-S. I don't know if it's an official Ford distribution or a tuner's car (similar to what Brabus does to Mercedes and Dinan does to BMW)

Reply to
Mike S

if you check with ebay right now, someone is offering a vic w/supercharger. it has lots of pictures and 2 mpegs to show what it can do.

hope this helps

~ curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional

Reply to
c palmer

Actually the Ford Racing catalog is mainly applicable to Mustangs and Ford Lightnings. A good way to boost power on a CV would be to swap in a 4v engine from a wrecked Mustang. Another good swap is the Triton V-10, although longer it will fit the CV engine bay.

Reply to
Fred Brown

Check out the P2 Panther by Kenny Brown.

All you could ever hope for from a Crown Vicky.

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

Superchargers eating gas is a myth. On average they only decrease gas mileage by 3%. So if you were getting 20 miles a gallon, with a supercharger you will still get 19.4. The problem comes in because a lot of people that run them on the street have a tendency to :

A - not need them B - still believe in a free lunch C - acquire an acute case of Pedantic Plumbius, commonly referred to as Lead Foot.

note that item C is the major cause of poor fuel economy and has nothing to do with superchargers

Applications for which a supercharger is a good idea -

Racing Hauling gravel Increasing the amount of chrome under your hood

Applications for which a supercharger is a bad idea -

Anything else

Reply to
Anthony Q. Bachler

Can't remember if it was Motor Trend or Car and Driver, but, they had a story about a guy who did just that. Swapped in a V10. Seemed to work pretty well with "some" modifications, of course.

The performance gains after install and hop-up were staggering.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mayner