Reliable relaibility ratings..Mystic & Contour

Looking at used 1999 Merc Mystic 51K and 2000 Ford Contour 45 k both v6 at $7000. I've searched Edmunds, KBB, Carpoint (MSN Cars) and this NG. Is there one definitive site for owner reliability ratings that you all trust?

Care to express an opinion these model years?

TIA

Reply to
BxP9

go to

and see what they say.. its kinda like a cult on these cars, but the 96 i have i found that it is not as easy to repair as most other fords.. alot of things different in these two cars...... they quit making the contour(dont know about te mystique??)....

Reply to
jim

Usually the people posting in NG's are those looking for a cheap fix for a problem they are having with their vehicle. Thus the opinions one my hear in a NG are probably biased to those with problems rather than those that do not. I once owned a 2000 Mystique LS V6 that is now owned by one of our technicians. It has nearly 150K on the clock and has been trouble free, as far as I know, if that is of any help. How well the one you are looking at has been serviced is of course an unknown.

mike hunt

BxP9 wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt