Sable LS 97- (transmission ?)

Hello all,

A few`days back my car stalled when I shifted it from P to D after I left it on a paking lot for a few minutes. I posted that question before. Today something different came up. I noticed somewhat unusual gear shifting and when I released the gas pedal the car was still accelerating. After 20 min driving with this the "OD off" light started blinking. (Of course I did not switch off OD myself). If I stop the car, turn off the ignition and then restart the problem someties rectifies itself (but sometimes not).

What could it be?

Dmitrii

Reply to
DNB

That the light is flashing indicates that you have a fault code in the transmission. You need to get this checked IMMEDIATELY. It could mean that you need a transmission rebuild. It could also mean that you have a relatively minor problem that is going to turn into a big one if you ignore it.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Definitely a tranny fault. If you're lucky, it's something minor, like maybe a fluid / filter change. If not, it's tranny overhaul time.... (or maybe sell the car time. :) )

HTH

-LMB

Reply to
Louis M. Brown