Snow Removal

What is the best method to remove Snow without scratching the paint ?

Reply to
desgnr

Move to southern Arizona

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Warm water.

Reply to
Tim J.

The hotter the better. Be sure to throw it on the windshield first. NOT!!!!!!

Reply to
zimpzampzormp

Your windshield is painted? ;-)

Reply to
Tim J.

A warm garage.

Reply to
dr_jeff

You're cooling your computer with snow? I've heard of liquid-cooled systems but that seems to be going too far.

I'd have to suggest removing the paint before applying the snow. Then the snow can be removed without scratching the paint.

You'd be better off with photoshop anyway, you'll never look at paint the same way again.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

hire your neighbor

Reply to
Picasso

After he throws hot water on it,it will have the transparency of paint. ;-)

Reply to
zimpzampzormp

You were the only one talking about windshields. The OP asked about removing snow without scratching the PAINT, IOW, how to remove it from the body surfaces. To remove snow from glass, a simple ice scraper will suffice, but that wasn't what was asked.

Reply to
Tim J.

Global Warming :-)

Reply to
Jim Higgins

After the op asked about removing snow from the paint another poster suggested warm water. I was only saying that this would probably get warm water on the glass, thus causing it to shatter into a million beads of glass that would only be held together by the adhesive between the sheets of glass. I hope the op took it as that because there is a good chance that if the op took the warm water advice that they would just throw it on the car, windshield and all, thus causing it to shatter. Believe it or not, I had a neighbor who thought he could remove the ice,

3 inches of it, by throwing a bucket of HOT water on it. Needless to say he walked to work that there day. :-p
Reply to
zimpzampzormp

Yeah, that's why I said WARM, not HOT. I've done it for years on numerous cars and haven't shattered a single piece of glass.

Reply to
Tim J.

I've also used very warm (about 120° F.) tap water on & off for years to remove solid ice on the windows and never had any cracking or shattering.

Reply to
Steve N.

I use a soft bristle push broom up here in Ontario.

Reply to
clare

Usually using warm water to remove snow results in lots of ice - which is harder to remove than snow - and frozen doorlocks and weatherstrips.

Reply to
clare

Your experiences differ from mine. Down south, we rarely get snow without some measure of ice. Warm water is the only way to get the doors unstuck and clear the locks.

Reply to
Tim J.

You don't get SNOW, you get SNAIN. Or SNICE

Reply to
clare

I prefer FRIZZLE, FRAIN, SNEET, and "Oh please, not that shit again!"

As I typed this, the weather alarm just went off for yet another Winter Weather Advisery. I'm about ready to move back to Florida.

WINTER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Tim J.