TAURUS, 2000, Any One Know Of Any Recalls **OR** Experienced Auto-Trans Problems?

Thank you in advance for reading this post. I sincerely appreciate it. I'll be brief here. Car bought late 2003 from a reputable Ford dealer in my area. It was a car utilized as a "loaner" or "rental" and had about 18,000 miles on the odometer. (Now has just gone over 40,000)Car has been fine since purchased and has been given the appropriate preventative as prescribed by the manufacturer, at or before the time/mileage they suggest. Several days back,my wife was at a stop light, When light went green, the car dad no drive. My son and her pushed it into a parking lot and called me. My findings were that the fluid was at the correct stage and there was no evidence of fluid burning on the stick. I knew it was not in the realm of what my abilities and had the dealership where It came from. They told us it would take a while to get to it as there were 6 other of the same make and model ahead of ours and all had the same problem. I asked the service manager if there have been any service bulletins or re-calls in that regard and he was hesitant to tell me.

This is how I find myself here. I am attempting to find others with the same problem and try to determine if this has the possibility of being a problem already known by the Ford Motor Company.

Thanks for reading this post and whatever information you may be able to provide me (and others on board) regarding the above captioned situation.

Raymond. A. Miller

Reply to
raymond miller

re-calls in that >> regard and he was hesitant to tell me.

I checked. For the 2000 Ford Taurus there are no tsbs or recalls for transmission failure.

Reply to
sleepdog

I had a 2000 with the AX4N and it failed at 30,000 miles. Fortunately it was still under warranty and Ford replaced it.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Ford has had a long-term problem with the transmission in the Taurus/Sable/Windstar, especially after replacing the forward clutch steel piston with aluminum in the early 90's. Supposedly, the 2000 went back to steel, in addition to adding adaptive programming, to help prevent problems.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

The dealer can advise you of any TSBs or recalls that may apply to your particular vehicle by simply entering the VIN# into his computer. That must be one hellava big dealership if it has six

2003 vehicles in the shop, with the same problem, at the same time. Raymond me thinks somebody is pulling your leg. LOL

(By the way there is no 'at' in preventive)

mike hunt

raym>

Reply to
MelvinGibson

re-calls in that >> regard and he was hesitant to tell me.

meanwhile the clutch housing cracks and another reprogram comes out lmfao hurc ast

Reply to
eltonisafaggot13

Like I said, Ford has no tsbs or recalls for transmission failure on that model/year.

Reply to
sleepdog

Sleepdog,

The only problem that I am currently experiencing on my 2000 Taurus Wagon is what I can describe as a "hard" shift from 1st to 2nd in certain driving circumstances. Meaning, when I slow down, say at a stop sign or in stop and go traffic, to under 5 mph and then accelerate I experience a hard shift from 1st to 2nd. It began at about 52,000 mi. I currently have 56,000 on the car. Some, here in NYC call it a Taxi Cab shift. There are no other problems whatsoever with the tranny and this problem only occurs under these situations. It is almost as if it is better to come to a complete stop and then go since under that situation it never happens.

I brought it to my dealer who took me and it for a 45 min. test drive where the tech connected the ol' laptop diagnostic tool to the car's computer and showed me that the tranny is operating within tolerable range. that didn't make me feel too good. In essence what he is saying is that it is not broken enough to warrant pulling the tranny and trying to convince Ford that there is a problem which would be tough based upon the test results from the test drive.

I talked about this problem when it first occurred in the Taurus Auto Club group on the web and the consensus was that it is common amongst Taurus owners and drivers. I still didn't feel any better but there seems to be nothing I can do but wait until it breaks more!?!

If anyone has any thing to offer here I am all ears.

Lou

Reply to
Louis F. Carbone

Lou, Thanks for the reply. After hearing a few times that (so far) no service bulletins or recalls have been published, it looked gloomy to me. The E-mails that I've received that explained some common transmission problems does seem suggest a potential design flaw which will not be dealt with by the manufacturer unless enough people push the issue or it can prove wide spread enough to warrant a class action lawsuit. You may recall Chrysler denied that the Caravan body style had a defective door latch that resulted in some fatalities as long as possible. Remember we are thought of as "just another number" by most large corporations. As such one or two complaints mean nothing. Not only the auto industry but everywhere one cares to look, (ie: pharmaceutical companies are allowed certain serious side effects including death for drugs seeking FDA approval provided they meet the criteria set for negative effects by the FDA). Just one example more would the elected officials at every level who promise the people whatever they know the people want or need. Once elected, certain favors need to be repaid; nepotism may run wild and God only knows what else. When the mud hits the fan at any given time, more people gripe about it than really have a right to. Only those who want to make changes the lawful way must vote. My friend in California has the following quotation on his site:

**** THE GREATEST ENEMY OF ALL FREE PEOPLE I am your enemy, your nightmare and your destruction. I hide in unseen places and go about my work silently. I never sleep and I am everywhere you are. You cannot hide & I will give you nothing. I will take everything you have and seek more. I spare no one. I respect no color. My victims are rich and poor, young and old, strong and weak. I massacre millions each and every generation. I destroy more people than all wars combined. Children shall know me to their eternal sorrow. I have brought you great misery by replacing freedom loving government with tyrants. I played a major role in the downfall of great civilizations. The Prince of Darkness alone sends me into your life. Once allowed inside, seldom am I asked to leave. You have been warned of my presence. But you do not care. Allow me to introduce myself. My Name Is APATHY. Have YOU been visited by me?

ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN THEY BAND TOGETHER FOR A COMMON GOOD.

**** Appreciation to Rusty Coones for the above quote.

God Bless All, Raymond A. Miller

Reply to
raymond miller