Temp Gauge on a 1993 Taurus

I recently installed a new temperature sender unit. I noticed that the gauge reads in the middle when driving on the road at about 65 mph. When I get in heavy traffic it runs up to the "L" in the Normal position. The other day the gauge ran up to high and then shot back down below normal and then advanced to the middle on Normal and has been that way since.

Has anyone else had that problem. I have a 3.8

Reply to
Kevin Torkelson