Re: Remote Start

the SCS 5000 from

will work great with the factory Keyless entry/alarm. It uses the same transmitter you have now so your pocket doesn't look like the coffee table, 2-3 remotes, ya know.

The passlock kit is also available too, Does your key have the transponder in it? If not you probably don't have the passlock.

email them at

they have many more items than they list on their website.

I am also trying to figure out if I have the Passlock system on my vehicle would any one know how to figure out which one would be on the vehicle. I , II or III. This might help me for ordering a remote start systems from JcWhitney. If someone can tell me or help me determine these issues I would be grateful.

-- JAMES AGUILAR

Reply to
Im Right

No the key is transponderless. But I was hearing that it could be in the ignition where the key goes.

Thank You for helping me out.

Reply to
Krusty News Groups

Anyone have any good web sites where I can find a good and compatible remote start for a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport. I am finding conflicts and companies that can not tell me what will work and what will not work with the factory keyless entry / theft option installed in the vehicle.

Thanks

Reply to
Krusty News Groups