the best oil

I have seen people disparage Penzoil, Quaker State, etc. What do you folks recommend? Sully

Reply to
Sully

Mobil 1.

Of, if youl like Dino oil, valvoline or Kendell.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Mobil 1 if you can afford it, Valvoline Durablend if you can't. Get a good filter too like Napa Or Wix, Fram is on the low end thats why Walmart sells them for $2.

Reply to
Scott

Almost any name brand motor oil should be acceptable.... I use whatever oil my employer sells... currently Motorcraft which (in our neck of the woods) is currently packaged at the Esso Petroleum Canada refinery in Edmonton. Rather than brands, we should be concerned over viscosity and change interval. Good quality filters are a must.... these will include more filter medium of better quality and the bypass valve will be located at the top of the filter can rather than the bottom. Antidrain back valves are a plus...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Almost 300,000 miles using Castrol 10 W 30 or Penzoil.

happy oil changing !

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 603 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face