Thunderbird with a 5.3l Triton

Hey, I recently gained access to a 3-valve 5.3 triton V8 and was curious as to whether or not it's at all possible to swap this baby into my 92 thunderbird with a NA 3.8l in it currently. I've heard of somebody doing it to a mn-12 that had a 4.6 in it already, but that it was a nightmare. Would anybody have any information that might help me with this?

Also, considering I don't get that engine in there, would it be possible to swap my AOD out for a 5-speed from a supercoupe if I kept my regular 3.8 engine? What would it entail?

Reply to
clw7342

The 5.4 would be even more nightmarish due to the higher deck height.

You're going to have to root around in here to get specific answers:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

And here's a start: