Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

Others have already offered you intelligent counterpoints. A smart person would have picked up on them. What's the opposite of "smart"?

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Our friend DIZZY has done it AGAIN, signed one of his post with one of his aliases and forgot to post anything ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I agree with DIZZY, everybody should post on the bottom.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

*LOL* You called that one right Mike!
Reply to
Cool Jet

"idiot" is not an intelligent counterpoint. The best argument anyone has made for bottom posting so far is that an assumption is made that the quoted material will need to be read each and every time, and that going below the new material to get to it is too confusing.

I and others have shown that those assumptions are not always true, and in fact OFTEN aren't. Just because someone at Intel wrote a memo and it was posted on a university node as a guide, is not a reason to start bottom posting. I'm someone who deals in the practicality of it and that to me, is that one often (even mostly) doesn't need to re-read quoted material, and that on those times it is needed, it is NOT too confusing to do so.

So if it has come down to an argument of quantifying how often the quoted material needs to be read or to extent it is confusing to look below the new material to see it if it is needed, then we could argue all day. Since I usually have ALREADY read the posts in the thread that are being quoted, I RARELY need to read them over and over again. Also, when I do need to, I don't find it confusing in the least to look below for it. I supposed people's mileage may vary depending on their memory sharpness and reading comprehension skills.

Now tell us how smart you are aga>

Reply to
SgtSilicon

That depends on the veracity of the statement. In this case, I think it was more of an observation than a counterpoint.

The best argument anyone

I don't remember anyone saying "each and every time", but I think most times would be accurate.

The only thing that you have shown is that you are too lazy to trim and quote properly.

Just because someone at Intel wrote a memo

It has nothing to do with who "wrote a memo", though you seem to be hung up on that point. Whazza matter, they forget to run it by you, first?

I'm someone who deals in the practicality of it

Yes, it's all about YOU, isn't it. Whatever is easiest for YOU. To hell with everyone else. (especially since YOU didn't write the memo)

them over and over again.

"Since I usually have ALREADY read"

"I RARELY need to read"

"when I do need to, I don't find it"

"I supposed"

See what I mean? It's all about YOU. No consideration for anyone else. I participate in ten different NG's, and read several others. It's not obvious who the new posts are replying to, let alone what the context of the message is, especially in long threads like this one. It is almost always helpful to have a bit of quoted text before the reply to refresh the memory. Otherwise I have to scroll down to get the context and in your case, you often don't trim the quoted material below which makes it even worse.

No point in restating the obvious to a deaf person.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Reply to
SgtSilicon

I think everybody should bottom post. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Sure it is.

I'm merely using my experiences

I gave you an example of the problems your posting style causes and you completely ignored it. Like I said, it's all about you.....no consideration for others.

It

Yet, here you are, speaking for others.

In order to speak for you, I'd have to get down to your level, which I refuse to do.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Reply to
SgtSilicon

"Hairy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Similar to you -- refusing to listen to the logic, reasons, and preferences of people who top post?

"hey pot, I'm the kettle".

JP

Reply to
Jon R Patrick

I concur my brother! I currently own a 2002 Monte carlo SS, and a 1994 Accord. Guess wich one I rely on?

Reply to
Ript

dizzy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

1994 Accord, 138,000 miles, and I tromp it daily, runs like *NEW*!
Reply to
Ript

Neither. The Monte Carlo is junk and the Accords are usually driven by ricer gang members.

Reply to
Sharx35

Wrong, I have four domestics cars with anywhere from 100K to 300K on the clock. I drive my cars for two years then sell them to friends or neighbors, or give them to relatives. I see them run to high mileages and none of them have been problematic, foreign or domestic. Every manufacture is building good dependable vehicles today, there is no need to spend the extra bucks to buy foreign cars to get a good car.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter