Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

Oh, I see. You're a troll. You _like_ to annoy people. It makes you somehow significant to be somebody's pain in the ass, right?

PLONK

cordially, as always,

rm

Reply to
Realto Margarino

(top posting corrected)

Read what I wrote again. Dust on the front wheels does not indicate a "problem". Different companies use different types of pads; some are dustier than others.

Reply to
dizzy

The troll won't listen. Like most all top posters, he's a lazy, selfish, idiot, and if top posting makes his life easier, he's going to do it, even if it makes it worse for everyone who reads his top-posted idiocy.

Reply to
dizzy

And wrong, as I explained.

Not true, globally, nitwit.

Reply to
dizzy

Understand that the decline of the US car companies gives me no pleasure. They largely did it to themselves, though, with their crappy quality (which gave the Japanese their opening to invade), to their embracing of mediocrity, the most glaring example of which was the wholesale switch-over to FWD. It was really sad to see once-proud Cadillac producing nothing but garbage with V8 engines hanging-out in front of the front wheels...

Reply to
dizzy

"Mike Hunter" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net...

Do you also drive on what ever side of the road you feel like regardless of normal convention?

Top-posting makes your message incomprehensible to many of your readers. In normal conversation, after all, you don't answer to something that has not yet been said. For your edification, widely observed Usenet etiquette dictates that top posting is absolutely INAPPROPRIATE!

When you quote, you're doing it to provide context. Requiring your readers to scroll down and then back, repeatedly (as they attempt to figure out what the heck you're talking about), is a rather difficult way for you to make the context available. Providing the context up-front will get you better results. There's no way to build a threaded discussion with top-posting. Top-posting severely inhibits others from understanding the conversation, because the context of the conversation is out of order, as in broken. Replying at the top confuses your readers, making any point you're trying to get across very unclear without them scrolling down and back repeatedly, searching to re-integrate context. That extra, wholly unnecessary work leads to reader irritation, or worse, to readers just not bothering with your words at all. Since your object is to get your message across, help your readers follow by placing your words in context, not prior to the context. Doing otherwise, forcing your readers to go to extra work unnecessarily, is often irritating, sometimes interpreted as insulting, or in severe cases taken as attempt by you to show your "power". Any way you cut that, delivering your words in an hard to read manner doesn't help your case. Instead, post in-line to preserve context and respect your readers.

Top-posting means replying to a message above the original message. This may be a message in an Internet forum, an e-mail message or a Usenet post. Top-posting is considered improper by many definitions of Internet etiquette since it breaks down the flow of the thread:
Top-posting vs bottom-posting Some people like to put reply after the quoted text, some like it the other way around, and still some prefer interspersed style. Debates about which posting style is better have lead to many flame wars in the forums. To keep forum discussion friendly, please follow the general preference, which is bottom-posting

Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting By A. Smit and H.W. de Haan Below you can find our arguments why bottom-posting is better than top-posting.

351CJ

Reply to
Fred Miller

So I guess you know more than Chrysler chairman Lee Iacocca (master's in engineering), who's recollection disagrees with yours. Please explain why all mainstream minivans are now built on FWD platforms, even by companies that have suitable RWD chassis.

I can't believe Chrysler's K-car FWD vehicles cost 20% more simply because they were FWD. The development of the 2.2L engine had to do something with this.

Reply to
rantonrave

Next time I speak to my friend Lido I'll ask him ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I know, but I wasted a half dozen in another futile effort to enlighten our fried DIZZY ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

you guys ever been to Thailand and saw the amount of toyotas and stuff there in Asia.? The Japaneese car industry outflanks the Americans buy milesa and miles Thers 65,ooo,ooo people in thailand alone and they dont buy fords there or gm hahah

Reply to
wiseguy

quality is everywhere in cars its the price and servisce that sells cars .you people really think gm is asleep at the wheel? give me a break please .cars are cars they break so you fix it or not whatever.

Reply to
wiseguy

dear people maintenance and rustproof your cars dont wait until the steering box falls off look at the hood by god it has hinges on it wow look under it and take care of the freakin piece of metal and parts they work better keep looking under the hood. Dont drive till it dies then ask WHY OH WHY ME!!!

Reply to
wiseguy

yeah we'll leave a multi billion dollar buisness to you right ...

Reply to
wiseguy

dah Canada has no domestic cars yet we call american cars domestic hahaha ... that means even gm and ford and the damiler c are all foriegn cars right ..?

Reply to
wiseguy

so like you people who love toyota and those types well its all gm.. or the others ..stolen technologies.Why you think the Asian cars camme up so strong anyway? STOLE ALL THE TECHNOLOGY FROM TH USA>>>

Reply to
wiseguy

Top posting is actually the superior method. Having to continually scroll down to the end of the message, every message, is wasteful. It is wasteful because the context of the quoted text is often not actually necessary, due to a high probability that the message containing it was just or recently read by the viewer.

It is most especially gay, for those who additionally re-quote practically the entire thread thus far in every stinking message rather than just the more relevant bits necessary for context. Not only does it waste storage and bandwidth, it amplifies the tragedy of the bottom posting method as pointed out above. If one wants to see the all messages in the thread, it is but a relatively simple matter to browse through the posts and replies in the thread with their news reader, or web news reader like Google or what have you. If that is too much of a challenge, then who are the real idiots?

In the cases that the context is needed, the viewer can scroll down to obtain it. But only when they need to. Efficiency. Beauty. LOGICAL.

I'm not usually one to make an issue out of people's posting style. I like top posting for the reasons given, but recognize that others may place higher value on other aspects of trade offs. But I do not like when someone gets on their top posting is bad high horse like you have been doing. And even though you were directing your comments directly to someone else, the fact that I often top post caused me to feel insulted. Thus I felt compelled to weigh in on it.

And by the way, relating to the primary issue at hand here; if you think that being able to buy a vehicle that is close or closer to "just right" is not a factor in value, then to put it bluntly you are playing a fool. It is generally common understanding that value equals what you get, weighed against the cost. The "just right" concept is most definitely an important issue in the what you get part of the equation.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Reply to
SgtSilicon