Vacuum line tube 1995 Escort LX

Hello Everyone

I have a 1995 Escort LX wagon and one of the four tubes from the "vacuum valve" on the top of the intake manifold came off. My hood was changed and I have no VECI diagram.

I had to go to the garage for another job and asked them to put that tube back, but they could not find either where it goes.

I describe which one. There are four tubes, some thicker than the other, attached to a valve on the top of the intake manifold, (the valve is on the left side on the top of the intake manifold if I am sitting in the passenger seat). Using the same reference position, it is the one attached with an L shaped boot furthest away from the passenger seat. It is one of the thin and flexible tubes. The other thin tube next to it goes to the Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Erica

Reply to
Erica

On your drivers door opening there should be a sticker with a calibration number on it. Give that number to your local ford dealer and they will be able to print you out a new diagram from their service computer system.

JL

Reply to
J. Louis

It is dark now. I will look tomorrow, weather permitting.

Reply to
Ol' Duffer

I called the local ford dealers and they said they do not have the VECI in their computer. Today during grocery shopping I saw an 1995 Escort in the parking lot. I asked the owner if he would help me out with this problem. This tube goes to the "wall" in front of the passenger seat under a thick tubing close to the windshield washing reservoir. It is hidden, no wonder nobody could see it. Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Erica

Reply to
Erica

It's not shown on the VECI label anyway. It's not part of the emission controls (although a leak there could affect things).

It dives through the firewall between the A/C tubes. I can't see where it goes under the dashboard, but my guess is that it may be the vacuum source for climate control actuators.

Reply to
Ol' Duffer

Thanks a lot for the info.

Erica