What tranny do I have?

Went to buy a vehicle speed sensor -- but lef the story empty handed because I don't know what tranny I have.

Automatic, 1994 Taurus 3.0 (code U), wagon, factory speed control, a/c.

Where is the transmission model information? Option code sticker somewhere? Tranny pan?

Dave G.

Reply to
Dave G

go to autozone and let them plug in the info on your car and you will get the correct one.... also if you had recently replace the motor mounts and had to jack up the engine then you might have just broken the copper wire in side the plastis/rubber covering in the wires that go to the VSS, veh. speed sensor.... happened to me one month after putting in new motor mounts.. then it would not shift out of first gear and later would jump back into first gear when driving on the highway at 40 + mph... hope this helps.

Reply to
jim