Why no help?

As Jim said, that would be 200ma.

So, is it .020 amps or .2 amps?

Try tapping on the EEC relay with a screwdriver handle while watching the draw on the ammeter. EEC relays had a habit of being flakey back in the early 90s.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

No. that is 200 ma

Reply to
clare

Better yet, pull the relay

Reply to
clare

Dang, a typo. It was on the amp scale and had one zero after the decimal. 0.020.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

It has an alarm and a hard wired handsfree phone gizmo. I disconnected both of them at one time and it still had the problem. I must have checked the "everything off" amp level at least 4 times in the past two years and it's never drawing anything but that 0.02 amp (yes, that was a typo in the other post.)

Just to piss me off, my 6 month old "premium" alternator in my S-10 took a dump and I had to get that towed. It actually has some broken parts rattling around inside. The original alternator lasted

190,000 miles, the premium rebuild only 4000.
Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Maybe a small light staying on? Check for something like a vanity mirror light staying on while the vehicle is off.

Reply to
WDS

Reply to
zimpzampzormp