Window slow going down

On my Aerostar, the electric windows don't go down easily, it's real slow and I don't want to burn the motor out. I found that if I give it a little push towards the back end of the glass, it goes down fine. Now when it rains out, it goes down fine because the track is wet. Is there any kind of lubricant I can apply on the track to make that window slide easily?

By the way, my brother's Aerostar does the same thing.

I sure like this van. It feels like a full size van in a smaller package! I took those back seats out too.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Collins

Matt Collins opined in news:up05b.21007$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Yes, there is but it may be too late to just lube it...

How about removing a panel so you can get an idea what you're dealing with?

Hint... you need to CLEAN it before you lube it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic