Windstar stalling at startup

Hello. I have a 2000 Ford Windstar, and recently it's been having a problem idling at startup. After sitting for a long time (cold engine) and I start the car, it will just die. I have to hold the gas pedal to maintain idle. After maintaining idle for about 10-20 seconds, something clicks in, because from that point on, everything runs perfectly fine for the rest of the day. This occurs every day. There is no check engine light on. Does anyone have any ideas as to any possibilities here?

Thanks...

Reply to
Wes

Check to make sure that the wires to the Idle Air control valve are not disconnected.. that would happen if they were, it might be the valve going bad also?????

Reply to
jim

Thanks Jim, It looks like it was the IAC. I cleaned it with fuel injector cleaner and so far it's starting well. If this happens again soon, I'll have to replace it, but doing it myself is no big deal...

Wes

Reply to
Wes