04 ZTS - no tach?

hello, I just purchased an 04 zts - 2.3l manual trans car and there is no tach. it has the standard cluster. the owners manual seems to indicate that there is a certain cluster with tach for the 2.3 cars. was it optional? seems strange to me. thanks greg

Reply to
gregory bealla

the tach is standard on all models as far as I know on European models. I wonder how much Ford is saving by not putting the tach on the US models? all models especially the ones with manual transmissions should have the damn thing!

ahmet

Turkey

'01 wagon 1.6 liter auto

Reply to
dragon

Reply to
Kevin McKay

Reply to
gregory bealla

In alt.autos.ford.focus dragon :

Full ack, can't remember any Ford without a tach, had quite a few (5 including the current one). A car without isn't worth looking at. Was painful enough to get used to the fact that the Focus tach is on the left and not on the right as any other Ford before owned, which I liked more.

BTW Would be nice if the window washing plant could be reset to work as it used to in Ford cars. Not turning on windscreen wiper on first press, effectively destroying windscreen wiper in short time as they move over the dry windshield.;(

Reply to
Michael Heiming