Question about leather seats 2003 focus zts

I just bought this car from the dealer. It has leather heated seats. My question is how long should the heat function cycle be on? Does it heat up, then cycle off for 10 mins? My father in law has a Cadillac and the heated seats are always on and heating. Mine have the time to cool right down (enough for me to write this) and then all of a sudden it kicks back into heat cycle. Is this normal. Thanks for all replies

Reply to
Torak

I also have heated seats on my 03 ZTW and when I used them up in NoDak (I'm in FL now and will NEVER use them), I seemed to remember heat being there all the time. 'course, I was usually bundled up pretty good, so might not have noticed if it was cycling.

Reply to
Okidiver

join the club Torac! Mine even got new heat pads and still came and off all the time. sometimes u forgot they where on then all the sudden they would kick in really warm again!

Reply to
Mark C.

The fact there are more than one setting should give one a clue that they are controlled by a thermostat and will cycle on as needed to maintain the setting chosen.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Torak, My 2005 ZX5 does the same thing as yours, heats up, cools down for 10 minutes or so, and heats up again. There's no thermostat setting, just an off/on switch to control the heated seats. I use mine quite a bit, the heat is nice on my back when the air conditioning is on, it makes long drives more tolerable. Steve

Reply to
Steven Finnerty