about to be a new owner--2004 svt hatchback

I am about to buy a 2004 Svt Hatchback with all the options for about $13,000. 30,000 miles but seems well cared for. Any advice on the following questions:

  1. Any known issues or things I should watch for?

  1. Does this seem like a decent deal?

  2. I will need all season tires that can handle snow--any suggestions?

  1. Other advice?

thanks in advance

John

Reply to
Jwats612

:>I am about to buy a 2004 Svt Hatchback with all the options for about

All SVT models are hatchbacks. Is this a 3 door or a 5 door? Euro Package? Color? My '04 is a Sonic Blue 5 door with the European Appearance Package. There were only 48 built in that exact combination.

:>$13,000. 30,000 miles but seems well cared for. Any advice on the :>following questions:

The mileage seems a bit high but I'm a low mileage driver myself so that probably isn't bad for a car that could have been on the road for over 2 years now. I've got around 18,000 on mine bought in February of '04.

:>1. Any known issues or things I should watch for?

Not really. The '04 models seem to have pretty much got all the bugs out. I've had mine for almost 2 years now and other than routine service it's never had any repairs done on it.

:>2. Does this seem like a decent deal?

Hard to tell since I bought mine new and am in no hurry to get rid of it, I really don't have a feel for resale value. Is this through a dealer or private party?

:>3. I will need all season tires that can handle snow--any suggestions?

Can't help you there. I live in the Phoenix, AZ area so I rarely see snow. :-)

:>4. Other advice?

YES! Go to

and sign up for the free forums there. You will find information there on just about anything you want to know about the Focus including a very active SVT section.

:>thanks in advance :>

:>John

Your welcome and welcome to the club

oskarSVtee on FocalJet

Reply to
me/2
3 door blue with Euro pkg from a dealer
Reply to
Jwats612

:>3 door blue with Euro pkg from a dealer

Nice combination. So I guess I still haven't run into any of the other 47 owers of the 5 door in Sonic Blue with the Euro pacakage.

Anyway, if you haven't already done it, get signed up on the FocalJet forums I mentioned in my other message. Once you're signed up you can PM me there with any questions you might have.

oskarSVtee on FocalJet

Reply to
me/2