All instruments go to zero

I have a 2002 ford focus wagon. Recently while driving the car instruments will all go dead. The engine will continue running. Can someone please help. I replaced the battery.

Reply to
tfugnitti

That happened to me yesterday! Engine stalled in traffic, restarted, then noticed that the spedo, rev counter and fuel gauge were at zero and the mileometer was not showing anything. Fortunately the engine still ran, the starter still worked and the traffic indicators too, so at least it's drivable. Could be expensive though!

Reply to
Chris Game

It is almost certainly the Vehicle Speed Sensor - very common issue on the focus. Easy enough to source and fit, or will set you back about £100 fitted in the UK.

Reply to
Richard Parkin