Diesel Focus Injection pump problem

I think my injection pump has packed up, there is fuel at the injectors but it is a dribble. Does anybody have experience of this problem. I don't want to buy a new pump if it isn't broken.

Reply to
Paul and Sue

have you just changed your fuel filter and now it does'nt start or has it just happened? is it a common rail? are you sure its just not a air lock?

if you havent just done anything to it then disconnect the fuel return to the tank and crank it over - with the return pipe going into a clear bottle. now carefully look at the diesel thats in the bottle - what your looking for is any swarf/metal particals mixed in the diesel this means that the pump is breaking up inside (smell it and check for a petrol mix) (ive known petrol tankers to put into the wrong pump)

note; if you do need a new fuel pump it will have to be proggrammed for the PATS immobilser

Reply to
ford_technical_

I have not done anything except put some deisel in the tank yesterday lunch, drove back to work , went to start it up and it happened, car started as usual first time, left to warm up for 5 min, engine reved itself and stopped.It is the euro engine

Reply to
merv1