focus import - from Jersey?

I am thinking of buying a value for money diesel from a company but I am a little worried about the vehicle being an imprt and therefore not of UK specification... the effect of which I understand is higher insurance premiums, inability to obtain some parts, poorer security, and possibly poorer body corrosion protection and the conseqential poorer final selling price for me. Anyone any ideas on what I should be looking for to make sure I dont get sold a car which is going to be a headache in the future? other than of course the obvious of a speedometer in km/hr and not mph!

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

I bought a Fiesta from Jersey about 12 years ago. An ex rental car with 2k miles on it and 1 year old. Originally had Jersey plates and got it re-registered for UK mainland. Absolutely no problems with specs and UK MOTs etc. Still got it and no regrets.

If you are worried, get the VIN number from the vendor and ask your ford dealer to decode it into the detailed specs. Whilst you are at it, they can tell you which recalls it has had and which it still needs. I've just done this on a UK reg CMax that was exported to Germany and then brought back again a year later as an army officer VAT free perk. Saved a bomb on UK used pricing. Ford dealer was very helpful with the info.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin