Focus TDCi Heater

Is it typical for a 2003 Focus TDCi 115 to take a long time to warm up this weather[after sitting outside for 8/10/ hrs]? With an ambient temp of 5-10 deg, ie A coldish day like we're having at the moment, if I use the heater blower above posn 1, ie 2/3/4 before the temp gauge has reached normal, after 7/10 miles only luke warm air is produced and the temp gauge actually goes down. Unless going at motorway speeds [my normal daily run is at

40/60mph] it seems to take at least 10/12 miles to get up to normal and get warm air from the heater. If I don't use the blower it's up to normal after about 7/9miles. The local Ford Main Dealer has checked it out but can't find anything wrong!!! Comments Appreciated. Tony.
Reply to
Tony Mann

Yes. See my, and other's replies, to this post :-

Gary.

Reply to
Gary

Alas it is, as Mr Ford discontinued the coolant heater for UK cars in mid

2002. :(

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..