Ford Focus 1.8 16V Wreg

I have a speedo problem. I lose my speedo and digital display to dash. This is a intermittent fault lasting about 5 minuites then the speedo reboots itself.

Can anybody help? I have had the car plugged in, no fault found. I am considering changing the speed censor on the geatbox!

Reply to
Commander

Must be the week for them...

See the thread in this NG titled "Speedo goes to zero"

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Yep me to; see my thread below " speedo goes to zero " Do you lose your digital mileage readout to ? We get a series of dashes where the numbers were. Then the car splutters and all returns to normal. Ford say it could need a new instrument panel !! Most the good people on here say its the speed sensor. Will get my man to check it out. Let me know what you find out. Best regards Jeff

Reply to
MR Freeze