Ford RDS 6000 radio/CD

Has any one got one of these newer type that keeps loosing the date? at Christmas when the car was stood for a week it lost 3 days but the time stays correct..

Reply to
nobby

Very common on the early C-max- and there is a software update that cures it. (also applies to radios which switch themselves on and off at random)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

No, but I've got a known-good one in a box here which I'll sell cheap. e me off-group if that's any use.

Reply to
David Millen

how do I get the update at the dealer, its under warranty?

Reply to
nobby

No, mine, in a 2-yo Titanium TDCI keeps the date OK but loses about a minute a month.

That's not the most annoying feature though. I get what I can only describe as breakthrough from other stations. I'm listening to Radio 4 (usually) and occasionally for just half a second, I get a burst of some other station; music, talk, random stuff. I suspect it's a feechur of the RDS, though I have TA off. Does anyone else get this?

Reply to
Mark Scott

Reply to
nobby

mine does the same but only when the signal is weak. /Jörgen

Reply to
Jorgen Moquist