Motor idle state

The car is a Ford Focus Turnir - 1.8 TDI 75KW 2001 May - During driving the engine stop for few seconds and then run again. The situation is unpredictable and I do not know how to find the trouble. I checked the battery conections, fuses and all cables are OK. Maybe somebody know a diagnostics tool. Please advice. Thank you.

Reply to
PaSa

Sounds like the throttle body needs cleaning. My 2003 US ZX3 with a 2.0 ztec does the same thing when the engine is not under load. Ford has a service procedure for cleaning the throttle body.

Reply to
John R Cambron

For those who don't know, John is our one man "Focus Fleet Tester", managing to accumulate annual mileage more typical of a fleet than one driver. I have about 102,000 on my 2001, but I can't hold a candle to John.

John, what's the odometer show nowadays?

Reply to
Tony Wesley

Kicked it over 217,000 this week.

In the post I made in the thread titled "Re: 2004 Focus Zetec" on 07 26 2005 I quoted "over 218,000" that was incorrect. It was closer to 214,000 during that week. Do so many miles it's hard to remember how many miles I have gone.

Changing the oil tomorrow morning, changed the air filter this morning. rotated the tires last weekend.

Really nice having an air compressor and impact wrench, now all I need is a floor jack. I probably will not get a floor jack, however when I finely get around to building my garage in the back yard of my new house I will put a lift in it

Oh that my ZX3 in the distance on the left.

Here is the lift I plan purchasing ML-6 portable lift.

Results of a confrontation with a 150 lb deer at 60 MPH at around 0130 on October 27 2004.

Thankfully the doe I hit will not be making any more four legged cockroaches for other motorests to hit on the roads here in Maryland.

Reply to
John R Cambron

I found the problem, a wire from a sensor was disconected and when it tuch the metalic part of the car(ground) it generate resets to engine controller. Anyway thank you for suggestion.

-- Paul

Reply to
PaSa